Getting rid of arm flab is not easy. And in an attempt to get a slight edge, many people turn to energy drinks. Unfortunately, energy drinks come with many side effects that add up over time.
Now energy drinks can seduce you. After all, all you have to do is open a can, drink some liquid and you get instant energy.
But you should be aware of the negative side effects of taking bottled energy for reducing arm flab:
1. Worsened digestion. Caffeine, the main ingredient in energy drinks, can wreak havoc on your digestive system. When taking in excess, it can compromise your digestive lining.
2. Artificial masking of sleep debts. Just because you no longer feel the need to sleep, doesn’t mean that your body isn’t suffering the consequences. One consequence is a reduction in the production of arm flab burning hormones.
3. Disturbed sleep. Everybody wakes up while they’re sleeping. The awakenings are so short, however, that you don’t remember them. Caffeine increases the number of awakenings without you being aware of it. You’ll wake up, be super tired and not know what happened.
4. Aging. Although many factors affect how fast you age, chronically loading up on tons of caffeine can accelerate the process. Especially if the caffeine is being used to compensate for a poor diet and poor sleep patterns.
5. Cellular dehydration. Caffeine does two things: it increases dehydration, and it masks the effects of said dehydration. This is not a good combo for arm flab. After all, cellular hydration has a direct impact on recovery, fatigue, mental state and metabolism.
Now energy drinks don’t have to be avoided at all times. It’s ok to have one every once in a while. Just make sure you aren’t chronically addicted to them. This is when you can run into some trouble. Moreover, if you want to get rid of arm flab, loose leaf teas would be a much better option here.